Birth Date: 13 January 1972
She is the editor of Seventeen Magazine, one of America's most popular teen magazines.
Graduated from Barnard College in 1993.
Her father, Mansoor Behnegar, was a Colonel in the Iranian Air Force
Grew up in Queens and Long Island.
Was a Sassy Magazine intern.
Grew up in a very traditional Muslim household and ended up marrying a guy who is an independent commodities trader on the New York Cotton Exchange.
Former editor-in-chief of Seventeen Magazine; succeeded by Ann Shoket after announcing she was leaving to launch her own teen-oriented business.
Gave birth to her 1st child at age 36, a daughter Angelika McQueen Rubenstein on August 15, 2008. Child's father is her husband, Ari Rubenstein.
I've never been cool, never! I was never Miss Popularity. I can laugh about it now, but at the time, it was very lonely. That's why I like the fabulousness of fashion, because I didn't have that growing up.
On her much shorter husband: "I did not for one second think he was a romantic option."
Where Are They Now
(January 2006) Currently lives in East Hampton with her husband of 8 years, Ari Rubenstein.
Actress (2 titles)
2005 Miss Seventeen (TV series)
2004 American Dreams (TV series)
– Long Shots and Short Skirts (2004) … Ellie Jenkins
Thanks (1 title)
2006 America's Next Top Model (TV series) (special thanks - 1 episode)
– The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model (2006) (special thanks)
Self (2 titles)
2006 America's Next Top Model (TV series)
Guest Judge / Herself - Editor-in-chief Seventeen Magazine
– The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model (2006) … Herself - Editor-in-chief Seventeen Magazine/Guest Judge
– The Girl Who Graduates (2006) … Herself - Editor-in-chief Seventeen Magazine/Guest Judge
– The Girl Who Joined the Circus (2006) … Herself - Editor-in-chief Seventeen Magazine/Guest Judge
2005 E! True Hollywood Story (TV series documentary)
– Lindsay Lohan (2005) … Herself
– Full House (2005) … Herself